Saturday, December 20, 2008

Food, glorious food

My wife says I over romanticize movies I have watched and liked, especially when it comes to chinese movies.

I downloaded Thunderbolt by Jackie Chan a few weeks ago, and I have to say she's probably right. I used to like this movie, but it was decidedly very average at best.

I have always loved cooking movies and shows, especially competition. That explains my love for the God of Cooking, and the reason why I downloaded so many Iron Chefs and Jamie Oliver shows.

One show I particularly loved is The Chinese Feast. I actually had this video tape in Melbourne, and I bought the VCD twice only to lose it to relatives who never returned the VCDs. Its damn near impossible to find.

Fortunately I found it on Youtube. Unfortunately, its pretty bad. I think anything Anita Yuen acts in is crap. But the cooking scenes are still great though.


Mmmmm feel like sweet and sour pork or noodles right now.

The Final Duel

Part 1


Part 2


Part 3

The God of Cookery by Stephen Chow is definitely funnier, better filming, better rated overall, but I have a soft spot for the Chinese Feast

Anyway, here's the God of Cookery:

Opening Scene


Finale Part 1


Finale Part 2

Bon Appetit

No comments:

Post a Comment